My work and specialism are located in and at the intersection of scructural inequality, racism, mental health/wellbeing and institutional practices.
I can offer support with:
- Media, conference and community events
- Training and capacity building (see training page)
- Community development and engagement
- Community research and co-production
- Workshop and group facilitation
- Publication/content creation
- Equality screenings/assessments
- Organisational inclusivity practice
I am now able to take up a few clients for private therapeutic work* in the Milton Keynes area. I am also able to work with clients via Skype, where appropriate.
I work integratively. This means I make use of different psychotherapeutic & psychological ideas and models based on what best suits the client and, I aim to integrate all aspects of a person’s functioning and experience in my work.
I have received training in person centred/humanistic, existential and relational therapy. I have also been trained to practice cognitive behavioural therapy, and to use psychodynamic, psychoanalytic and group analytic ideas as well as compassion based models.
Though I am able to practice/draw from, various schools of thought when this may be helpful, my practice is unashamedly feminist. Thus, as a women-centred and structurally informed therapist, I pay particular attention to issues of oppression their political, social, economic and historical contexts and their impact upon our lives and psychological functioning. I am particularity interested in recognising and in fostering clients’strengths as well as, in supporting emancipatory efforts.
At present my private practice is centred on supporting women and, people of colour in the following areas:
- Work and organisational difficulties/conflicts
- Racism, sexism & intersectional violence
- Trauma, including socio-political and cumulative and racial trauma
- Identity and relationship with oneself
- Discrimination, marginalisation and experiences of being ‘Othered’ or excluded
- All life transitions/changes
- Shame, isolation and alienation
- Relationship and intimacy difficulties
- Self-care and self-nurture
- Self-determination and liberation
If you feel you could benefit from seing me privately, please get in touch using the contact form so we can arrange an informal chat and where appropriate, an initial assessment.
Should I not be able to help, I may refer you to colleagues and/or signpost you to other resources.
I practice in French and in English.
My fee for therapy for new clients is £75 per hour.
I am only able to offer one concession space (£35 per hour) at any given time.
For consultation fees please get in touch.
If you cannot afford individual therapy with me but would like some input from me, I do a few group workshops in the community every year, which tend to be at a lower price. Get in touch to book your place onto the next one.
If you are simply looking to pool ideas, network or would like to discuss potential projects, I would similarly be happy to arrange an informal telephone chat or consultation. Please use the contact form.
* I am at present, not accredited. I aim to join the BACP and/or the UKCP in the forseeable future. Nonetheless, please note, accreditation is not compulsory for those who practice as therapists, and as ethically required, my therapeutic work is carried out under supervision and with the relevant insurance arrangements. Please see my biography for more information on my professional profile/experience and, if you would like further details, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.