Consultancy and independent work
Please note, I am now taking on independent work for early 2019.
I can offer support with:
- Media, conference and community event contributions
- Training projects
- Community development
- Community research
- Workshop and group facilitation
- Publication/content creation
- Equality screenings/assessments
I am now able can take up a few clients for private therapeutic work* in the Milton Keynes area. I am also able to work with clients via Skype, where appropriate.
I work integratively. This means I make use of different psychotherapy ideas and models based on what best suits the client and, I aim to integrate all aspects of a person’s functioning and experience in my therapeutic work.
I have received training in person centred/humanistic, existential and relational therapy. I have also been trained to practice cognitive behavioural therapy, and to use psychodynamic and psychoanalytic ideas as well as compassion based models.
Though I am able to practice/draw from, various schools of therapy when this may be helpful, my practice is unashamedly feminist. Thus, as a women-centred therapist, I pay particular attention to issues of oppression their political, social, economic and historical contexts and their impact upon our lives and psychological functioning. I am particularity interested in recognising and in fostering clients’strengths as well as, in supporting emancipatory efforts.
At present my private practice is centred on supporting women and, on the following areas:
- Racism, sexism & intersectional violence
- Trauma, including socio-political and cumulative trauma
- Identity and relationship with oneself
- Discrimination, marginalisation and experiences of being ‘Othered’
- Womanhood related transitions
- Shame, isolation and alienation
- Relationship difficulties
- Self-care and self-nurture
- Self-determination and liberation
If you feel you could benefit from seing me privately, please get in touch using the contact form so we can arrange an informal chat and where appropriate, an initial assessment.
Should I not be able to help, I may refer you to colleagues and/or signpost you to other resources.
PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOW TAKING ON NEW CLIENTS!
I practice in French and in English.
My fee for therapy for new clients is £60 per hour. This will rise to £75 per hour in 2019.
I am only able to offer one concession space (£35 per hour) at any given time.
For consultation fees please get in touch.
If you cannot afford individual therapy with me but would like some input from me, I do a few group workshops in the community every year, which tend to be at a lower price. Get in touch to book your place onto the next one.
If you are simply looking to pool ideas, network or would like to discuss potential projects, I would similarly be happy to arrange an informal telephone chat or consultation. Please use the contact form.
* I am at present, not accredited. I aim to join the BACP and/or the UKCP in the forseeable future. Nonetheless, please note, accreditation is not compulsory for those who practice as therapists, and as ethically required, my therapeutic work is carried out under supervision and with the relevant insurance arrangements. Please see my biography for more information on my professional profile/experience and, if you would like further details, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.